Stop Smart Meters! Bulletin
FEBRUARY 2019 — Volume 39
Post: PO Box 682 Portola, CA 96122
Toll-Free Hotline: (888) 965-6435
QUOTES OF THE MONTH
“Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul” - Edward Abbey
“If reason fails, try force” - Violet Crawley, the Dowager Countess, Downton Abbey
1. URGENT, IMMEDIATE CALL TO ACTION ON U.S. FEDERAL 5G POLICY
2. Push Your City or County to Develop a Robust Telecommunications Ordinance!
3. "Close to 200 Marin County Residents" Speak Out Against 5G Deployment Tuesday
4. 10 Actions to Stop 5G: Stop Fretting and Get Out in Your Community!
5. EMF Meters: Your Eyes and Ears into the World of Electrosmog
6. Are You Still Unsure About Whether Wireless is Harmful?
7. We Support and Advise Communities Taking Direct Action Against Unsafe Technology!
1. URGENT, IMMEDIATE CALL TO ACTION ON U.S. FEDERAL 5G POLICY Your financial support, legal action, and political pressure are needed to counter the wireless industry/ Federal Communications Commission in DC-- also volunteers needed for legal action where federal disability rights are being violated by small cell deployment- you could go up against the FCC and the industry and win! Questions are now being asked in Senate 5G hearings about the safety of 5G. Click here to watch a video of this week's hearing on "Winning the Race to 5G." Our Town Our Choice is a great grassroots website about defending your community from 5G. Get Involved Today, as decisions are being made NOW: http://ourtownourchoice.org/
2. Push Your City or County to Develop a Robust Telecommunications Ordinance! One of the more potent tools to regulate new cell towers (large or small) is the right of local governments to develop a strong telecommunications ordinance. Our local group, Plumas Residents for Safer (Wired) Telecommunications, has held a number of events and outreach activities, packed commission and board hearings and recently wrote a letter to our local board of supervisors criticizing the draft telecom ordinance and proposing changes. These changes are needed in light of the failure of wireless networks to provide evacuation notices in the Paradise fire, and the fatalities and injuries that resulted from that failure. Feel free to adapt the letter to your local area, and let us know if you want to get involved in defending the Lost Sierra from inappropriate wireless expansion! https://stopsmartmeters.org/2019/01/23/plumas-residents-for-safer-wired-telecommunications-letter-to-plumas-county-board-of-supervisors/
3. "Close to 200 Marin County Residents" Speak to Board of Supes Against 5G Deployment on Tuesday - the rebellion is clearly spreading as more people become aware of the new threat to their homes and communities from CPMRA’s (Close Proximity Microwave Radiation Antennas) https://www.marinij.com/2019/02/06/marin-supervisors-urged-to-reject-5g/
4. 10 Actions to Stop 5G: Stop Fretting over Your Keyboard and Get Out in Your Community! Toolkit created by our friends at the Center for Electrosmog Prevention in San Diego County: http://www.electrosmogprevention.org/stop-5g-action-plan/10-actions-to-help-stop-5g/ Also, important coverage of the risks of, and resistance to 5G: http://www.electrosmogprevention.org/category/public-health-alert/health-alerts-5g-small-wireless-cells/
5. EMF Meters: Your Eyes and Ears into the World of Electrosmog — Learn how Personal Electrosmog Meters are helping win the campaign for public awareness of EMF Risks. https://stopsmartmeters.org/2018/11/23/emf-meters-are-your-eyes-and-ears-on-the-world-of-electrosmog/
The EMFields Acoustimeter is a solid, reliable, and precise radio frequency meter that is great for public outreach on the hazards of wireless technology. For those on a tighter budget, the Trifield TF2 measures RF, Magnetic, and E-Fields. Don’t give your hard-earned money to Amazon or other retailers busy thickening the electrosmog. Spend it in our store and benefit a grassroots health and safety organization! http://stopsmartmeters.org/store
6. Are You Still Unsure About Whether Wireless is Harmful? - Or perhaps you know someone who is? There is a lot of misinformation out there, but the SaferEMR website from Joel Moskowitz, Director of Berkeley’s Center for Family and Community Health clears up the confusion, provides direct links to the science and sets the stage for action. See http://saferemr.com
7. We Support and Advise Communities Taking Direct Action Against Unsafe Technology! Check out our page on why direct action delivers the goods where years of "just asking nicely" often fails, leaving our communities vulnerable: http://stopsmartmeters.org/direct-action/
Follow us on Twitter: For the latest campaign updates and links to breaking news stories, follow us on Twitter! We are @stopsmeters Our latest tweets also appear on the right hand column of our website.
Global Smart Meter Resistance Database
Expand Our Network: Send this link to your friends and family to subscribe to our Stop Smart Meters! bulletin: https://actionnetwork.org/forms/subscribe-to-stop-smart-meters-monthly-bulletin
Make a donation of any size to support the work of Stop Smart Meters! -- Your donation goes directly to this bulletin, the website, and our work with communities around the U.S and internationally to educate and build meaningful resistance to smart meters, 5G and other harmful technologies. Please Donate Today. Thank you.
“We are flying blind here on health and safety”
- U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) speaking at a Senate hearing this week on "Winning the Race to 5G"